COMBO 1: CITY LOOP + MT. WELLINGTON
- Varaktighet: 120 Minuter (cirka)
- Plats: HOBART, TASMANIA
- Produktkod: CLMW
City Sightseeing Tour | Departs daily | 90 Minute Loop | Hop-on Hop-off
*Red Decker is open everyday except Christmas Day (Saturday 25 December) and ready to welcome back our visitors from the mainland. The Red Decker peak bus timetable is currently in operation - hourly departures from 9am through to 3pm daily.
*THE MOUNTAIN EXPLORER BUS IS OPERATING DAILY @ 9.30AM, 11.00AM, 12.30PM, 2.00PM and 3.30PM.*
A combined ticket for two iconic Hobart sightseeing tours – kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus and Red Decker’s Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Tour!
First up, you’ll board the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus and travel 1270 metres above sea level to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. At the summit you’ll have 30 minutes to visit the observation shelter and lookouts. Experience spectacular panoramic views over Hobart and southern Tasmania. Then hop back on the bus for the return journey down the mountain to Hobart.
Enjoy informative commentary from your driver as you learn all about the history and wildlife of Hobart’s beloved kunanyi/Mt Wellington. As well as significant landmarks and local tips on what to see and do on the mountain.
Now it’s time to join the second tour – the official sightseeing tour of Hobart! Hop-on and hop-off at 20 different stops featuring the best sights and attractions in and around the city. Or stay on board and do the full 90-minute city loop tour. The choice is yours! Red Decker’s open-top double decker buses provide unrivalled views of this beautiful city, including local landmarks such as the River Derwent, Tasman Bridge and Mt Wellington as well as an abundance of colonial architecture and city streetscapes.
Professional and informative multilingual commentary is available on the Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Tour. Select English, French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin or Spanish.
- A combined ticket for two iconic Hobart sightseeing tours - kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus and Red Decker's Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Tour!
- 48hr Red Decker City Loop Ticket. 90-minute tour. Hop-on and hop-off at 20 stops.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day. 2 hour return tour, includes 30 minutes on the summit. Hop-on and hop-off at 5 stops.
- The best way to explore Hobart and kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- A perfect shore excursion for cruise ship passengers arriving in Hobart.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus
- Fern Tree Park
- The Springs
- The Chalet
- Big Bend
- The Pinnacle
Red Decker City Loop Tour
- Brooke Street Pier
- Salamanca Place
- Battery Point
- Wrest Point Casino
- Sandy Bay Village
- Cascade Brewery
- Cascades Female Factory
- South Hobart
- Hobart CBD
- Tasmanian Museum and Art Gallery
- Maritime Museum of Tasmania
- Hobart Convict Penitentiary
- Hobart Aquatic Centre
- Royal Tasmanian Botanical Gardens
- Victoria Docks
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass, valid all day.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- 48hr Red Decker Hop-On Hop-Off City Loop Ticket.
- Complimentary copy of Red Decker’s The Official Sightseeing Guide to Hobart – with exclusive local discounts.
- Free Wi-Fi available onboard both buses.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus
Duration: 2 hour return tour, includes 30 minutes on the summit.
Departure Point: Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
If you’ve booked bike freight, your bike MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
Red Decker City Loop Tour
Duration: 90 minutes city loop.
Departure Point: Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, on the corner of Elizabeth & Davey Streets in Hobart.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour.
- When booking, select your preferred date and time for your kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Pass. Your 48hr Red Decker City Loop ticket is valid for 48hrs from the time you first board the Red Decker double-decker bus.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- Visit our Map & Timetable page to plan your day on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. There’s also a range of activities listed on our Bushwalking and Mountain Biking pages.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe (open 7 days) at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern (open Tuesday to Sunday) near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses can carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Most importantly, bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some bus services may not be wheelchair accessible. So it’s most important to let us know before your tour. Reserve a wheelchair space when you book. Simply fill in the “Special Requirements” field. Or contact our booking office to discuss any specific needs and we’ll certainly do our best to assist. Phone +61 3 6236 9116 or email email@example.com. Please visit our Accessible Travel page for further details.
- Multilingual commentary is available on the Red Decker City Loop Tour in English French, German, Italian, Japanese, Korean, Mandarin and Spanish. Complimentary earphones are available from your driver.
RED DECKER IS COVID-READY
We have developed and implemented a COVID-Safe Business Plan to protect the health and safety of our passengers and staff. All staff have been trained to manage these extra precautionary measures.
What we’re doing
- All buses are cleaned before and after tours with extra focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitising facilities are available on board our buses.
- We have reduced the passenger capacity for each departure.
- Signs are on display throughout the bus to remind passengers to maintain a safe physical distance.
What you can do
- Pre-book your tickets online or make a contactless credit card payment on the day.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not board the bus.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after you travel.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5m between yourself and other passengers prior to boarding and while on board the bus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus whenever you can.
- Do not consume food and drinks on board the bus.
- Observe directions from staff at all times.