kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON EXPLORER BUS: THE SPRINGS TO SNOW
- 天數: 1 小時 (左右)
- 位置: Hobart, TASMANIA
- 产品编号: STOSMWE
Snow Shuttle | Departs daily | 1 Hour Return Tour (approx.)
If there’s snow on the mountain, we can take you there! kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus have exclusive and unique access to kunanyi/Mt Wellington when Pinnacle Road is closed due to snow. Make your own way to the closed gates on Pinnacle Road and enjoy the 1 hour return tour, including time to play and have fun in the snow.
Admire the snow-covered landscape of kunanyi/Mt Wellington as you lay in the snow to make snow angels, throw a few snow balls or build your very own snowman. A truly memorable experience for anyone who has never seen snow before! On a clear day, take in the spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania. Hop back on the heated bus to make your return journey.
Please note: This tour is highly weather dependent, and we do not guarantee to be able to reach The Pinnacle on snow days. The itinerary may vary on the day for reasons of passenger safety and comfort. One-Way Passes, Hop-On Hop-Off and Bike Freight are not available on Snow Tours.
- 1 hour return tour from the closed gates on Pinnacle Road to the snow on kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including time to play and have fun in the snow.
- Exclusive access beyond the closed gates and up into the snowy alpine region.
- On a clear day, enjoy spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
- The easiest and safest way to experience the snow onkunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Duration: 1 hour return tour (approx.) from the locked gates on Pinnacle Road to the snow on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Departure Point: The Springs, Pinnacle Road, Wellington Park (unless otherwise advised).
Departure Times: Departure times may vary on snow days. This tour is made available once we have a reliable forecast for snow conditions on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
- 1 hour return tour (approx.) from the locked gates on Pinnacle Road to the snow on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- Free Wi-Fi is available onboard the bus.
Weather: kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus operates in all weather conditions, including snow.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour. Bookings are made available once we have a reliable forecast for snowy conditions on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket, gloves and a beanie and check the weather before you go.
- Snowfall can occur on kunanyi/Mt Wellington at any time of year. However, snowfall is more likely to occur overnight during the cooler months from May to September and on the higher elevations of the mountain.
- Bring your own water bottle (or thermos) as there’s limited access to drinking water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email email@example.com to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the "Special Requirements" field at the time of booking.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON EXPLORER BUS IS COVID-READY
We have developed and implemented a COVID-Safe Business Plan to protect the health and safety of our passengers and staff. All staff have been trained to manage these extra precautionary measures.
What we’re doing
- All buses are cleaned before and after tours with extra focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitising facilities are available on board our buses.
- We have reduced the passenger capacity for each departure.
- Signs are on display throughout the bus to remind passengers to maintain a safe physical distance.
What you can do
- Pre-book your tickets online or make a contactless credit card payment on the day.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not board the bus.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after you travel.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5m between yourself and other passengers prior to boarding and while on board the bus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus whenever you can.
- Do not consume food and drinks on board the bus.
- Observe directions from staff at all times.