ONE-WAY MOUNTAIN EXPLORER BUS PASS
- Duration: 50 Minutes (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, TASMANIA
- Product code: OWBP
City to Summit Shuttle | Departs daily | 50 Minute Tour
Travel one-way to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, 1270 metres above sea level and experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond.
Use your One-Way Bus Pass to do the 50-minute one-way trip to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Explore this diverse alpine landscape and the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park. Then make your own way back down the mountain to Hobart on foot or mountain bike.
- Fern Tree Park
- The Springs
- The Chalet
- Big Bend
- The Pinnacle
Duration: The one-way tour takes 50 minutes to complete.
Walk from The Pinnacle to Hobart: Approx. 3 hrs (13.6km)
Mountain bike from The Pinnacle to Hobart: Approx. 1 hr (17.8km)
Departure Point: Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
Includes: Professional and informative commentary, access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($15 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. On the day of travel, please allow plenty of time to make your way to Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. On the winter timetable all services are wheelchair accessible. However, on the summer timetable some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the "Special Requirements" field at the time of booking your bus pass.