kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON EXPLORER PASS: 2HR RETURN/HOP-ON HOP-OFF
- Kesto: 2 Tunnit (noin)
- Paikka: Hobart, TASMANIA
- Tuotekoodi: ADBP
City to Summit Shuttle | Departs daily | 2 Hour Return Tour | Hop-on Hop-off
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus is the official shuttle bus for kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Tours depart daily from Hobart’s waterfront to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Rising 1270 metres above sea level, experience spectacular views over Hobart and southern Tasmania.
At the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, you’ll have 30 minutes to visit the observation shelter and take in panoramic views from the lookouts. Then hop back on the bus for the return journey down the mountain to Hobart.
Also, if you’re looking for a little more adventure, you have the option to hop-on and hop-off at five Wellington Park bus stops. Explore a wide range of short walks or mountain bike trails on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. The mountain features a surprisingly diverse landscape from shaded fern gullies to tall eucalypt forests and alpine boulder fields. Enjoy the natural beauty and serenity at your own pace, then hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart.
Enjoy professional and informative commentary from your driver as you learn all about the history and wildlife of Hobart’s beloved kunanyi/Mt Wellington, significant landmarks and local tips on what to see and do on the mountain.
kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus is also the only tour company with exclusive access to kunanyi/Mt Wellington when Pinnacle Road is closed due to snow.
Bus pass valid all day.
- 2 hour return kunanyi/Mt Wellington tour, includes 30 minutes on the summit.
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park.
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
- The easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
- A perfect shore excursion for cruise ship passengers arriving in Hobart.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON BUS STOPS
- Fern Tree Park
- The Springs
- The Chalet
- Big Bend
- The Pinnacle
Duration: 2 hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit.
Departure Point: Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
If you’ve booked bike freight, your bike MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
- Explorer Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, valid all day.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map.
- Free Wi-Fi available onboard the bus.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- Visit our Map & Timetable page to plan your day on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. There’s also a range of activities listed on our Bushwalking and Mountain Biking pages.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe (open 7 days) at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern (open Tuesday to Sunday) near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses can carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, at least 30 minutes prior to departure. Most importantly, bikes MUST be loaded at the Brooke Street Pier pick-up point at least 20 minutes prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. However, some bus services may not be wheelchair accessible. So it's important to let us know before your tour. Reserve a wheelchair space when you book. Simply fill in the "Special Requirements" field. Or contact our booking office to discuss any specific needs and we'll certainly do our best to assist. Phone +61 3 6236 9116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. Please visit our Accessible Travel page for further details.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON EXPLORER BUS IS COVID-READY
We have developed and implemented a COVID-Safe Business Plan to protect the health and safety of our passengers and staff. All staff have been trained to manage these extra precautionary measures.
What we’re doing
- All buses are cleaned before and after tours with extra focus on high-touch surfaces.
- Hand sanitising facilities are available on board our buses.
- We have reduced the passenger capacity for each departure.
- Signs are on display throughout the bus to remind passengers to maintain a safe physical distance.
What you can do
- Pre-book your tickets online or make a contactless credit card payment on the day.
- If you are feeling unwell, please do not board the bus.
- Clean your hands with soap and water or hand sanitiser before and after you travel.
- Maintain a physical distance of 1.5m between yourself and other passengers prior to boarding and while on board the bus.
- Cover your nose and mouth with your elbow when you cough or sneeze.
- Avoid touching surfaces inside the bus whenever you can.
- Do not consume food and drinks on board the bus.
- Observe directions from staff at all times.