kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON EXPLORER PASS: 2HR RETURN/HOP-ON HOP-OFF
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, TASMANIA
- Product code: ADBP
City to Summit Shuttle | Departs daily | 2 Hour Return Tour | Hop-on Hop-off
The kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus departs daily from Hobart’s waterfront to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Rising 1270 metres above sea level, experience spectacular views over Hobart and southern Tasmania.
At the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, you’ll have 30 minutes tovisit the observation shelter and take in panoramic views from the lookouts before boarding the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus and returning back down the mountain to Hobart.
OR, if you’re looking for a little more adventure, you have the option to hop-on and hop-off at five Wellington Park bus stops to explore a wide range of short walks or mountain bike trails on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. The mountain features a surprisingly diverse landscape from shaded fern gullies to tall eucalypt forests and alpine boulder fields. Enjoy the natural beauty and serenity of kunanyi/Mt Wellington at your own pace and then hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart.
Enjoy professional and informative commentary from your driver as you learn all aboutthe history and wildlife of Hobart’s beloved kunanyi/Mt Wellington,significant landmarksand local tips on what to see and doon the mountain.
Bus pass valid all day.
- 2 hour return tour from Hobart to kunanyi/Mt Wellington, including 30 minutes on the summit.
- Experience spectacular views over the city of Hobart and southern Tasmania.
- Hop-on and hop-off at 5 bus stops in Wellington Park.
- Explore the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park.
- The easiest way to get to kunanyi/Mt Wellington.
kunanyi/MT WELLINGTON BUS STOPS
- Fern Tree Park
- The Springs
- The Chalet
- Big Bend
- The Pinnacle
Duration: The tour takes 2 hours to complete, including 30 minutes on the summit.
Departure Point: Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
- Explorer Pass for kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus, valid all day.
- Professional and informative commentary.
- Complimentary Wellington Park bushwalking map.
GOOD TO KNOW
- Pre-booking is essential for this tour.
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- Visit our Map & Timetable page to plan your day on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. There’s also a range of activities listed on our Bushwalking and Mountain Biking pages.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($10 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. On the day of travel, please allow plenty of time to make your way to Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. On the winter timetable all services are wheelchair accessible. However, on the summer timetable some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the "Special Requirements" field at the time of booking.