ONE-DAY BUS PASS
- Duration: 2 Hours (approx.)
- Location: Hobart, TASMANIA
- Product code: ADBP
City to Summit Shuttle | Departs daily | 2 Hour Loop | Hop-on Hop-off
Rising 1270 metres above sea level to the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, experience spectacular views over Hobart and beyond.
Use your All-Day Bus Pass to do the 2-hr return trip including 20 minutes to explore the summit or hop-on and hop-off at multiple bus stops along the way to explore this diverse alpine landscape and the growing network of bushwalking tracks and mountain bike trails throughout Wellington Park. Hop-on a later bus to return to Hobart.
- Fern Tree Park
- The Springs
- The Chalet
- Big Bend
- The Pinnacle
Duration: The tour takes 2 hours to complete, including 20 minutes to take in the panoramic views at The Pinnacle.
Departure Point: Opposite the Tasmanian Travel & Information Centre, 4 Elizabeth Street in Hobart (outside the Hydro Tasmania building).
Availability: Tours operate 7 days a week, all year round. Closed Christmas Day (25 December).
Includes: Professional and informative commentary, access to Wellington Park and the summit of kunanyi/Mt Wellington, unlimited hop-on hop-off use of the kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer Bus on the day of travel.
GOOD TO KNOW
- The temperature on kunanyi/Mt Wellington is about 10°C cooler than the temperature in Hobart city. There’s a chance you’ll experience four seasons in one day with sunshine, wind and rain - even snow is a possibility! Bring a warm jacket and check the weather before you go.
- There’s limited access to food and water on kunanyi/Mt Wellington. Bring your own or visit Lost Freight Cafe at The Springs or Fern Tree Tavern near Fern Tree Park.
- kunanyi/Mt Wellington Explorer buses are able to carry 4 mountain bikes on each departure. To reserve a space for your bike, please make sure to include bike freight ($15 per bike) at the time of booking your bus pass, no less than 30 minutes prior to departure. On the day of travel, please allow plenty of time to make your way to Stop 1 – Brooke Street Pier to load your bike prior to departure.
- Our primary fleet of buses are wheelchair accessible. On the winter timetable all services are wheelchair accessible. However, on the summer timetable some services may not be wheelchair accessible. Please contact our booking office by phone on +61 3 6236 9116 or email email@example.com to confirm which departures are wheelchair accessible. To reserve a space, please let us know by filling in the "Special Requirements" field at the time of booking your bus pass.